Allocation and Replenishment
Retailers have been using quantitative science, data and technology to solve problems in replenishment and allocation for the longest time. It's one of the most logical places to apply math to business. And retailers are still investing in analytics to address age-old supply chain questions and a growing number of new challenges.
How much safety stock should you keep? at the warehouse? store? How often should you replenish? How much inventory should you hold back at the warehouse? How much of each size should you send to each store? What pack sizes best balance handling and inventory costs?
How should you stock for upcoming promotions? for new promotional types? How do you coordinate brick and mortar and warehouse stock with omni-channel fulfillment strategies? From where should you fulfill orders?
Getting product into the hands of your customer incurs a lot of cost - handling, transportation, inventory, shipping, etc. Not having it in the right place at the right time costs lost sales and unhappy customers. Every time we get closer to helping you find the right balance, the rules of the game change. Fortunately, with new rules, comes more data and newer tools. Game on.
HOW can we help?
HOW CAN YOU BETTER USE DATA?
Exploring how to improve allocation and replenishment in your business? Retailers often have many areas for improving efficiency and accuracy of data-driven decision making in supply chain. In our opportunity assessment, we meet with retailers to:
- Understand business challenges and objectives
- Review current processes
- Evaluate system configurations
- Assess available data
- Identify opportunities for improvement, in line with short and long term strategies
An external perspective can help evaluate and develop business case for advanced analytics tools and deep-dive analytics projects.
WE CRUNCH DATA TO ADDRESS YOUR MOST PRESSING ISSUES
We perform deep dive analysis on focused business problems to help retailers understand what happened and why and how to influence what will happen in the future.
- Understand and inform business strategies, such as target service levels,
- Analyze large and complex data sets
- Data scrubbing, simulations, statistical modeling and other advanced analytic methods
- Evaluate supply chain constraints, pack sizes, promotional stocking strategies
- Strategic insights and recommendations
We also provide outside resources to audit current analytic initiatives and expand your quantitative and programming expertise.
SIMPLIFYING COMPLEX SOFTWARE. AND MAKING IT WORK BETTER. FOR YOU.
Whether you are currently using or implementing complex analytic solutions, Cognira can help you get quality results that meet your objectives.
- Review user processes and business objectives
- Examine systems configurations
- Align system to business strategies
- Refresh and tune system parameters, such as safety stock and replenishment methods
- Customize enhancements
- Educate user community
Complex solutions can include forecasting, replenishment, allocation, optimization solutions, and other software systems, custom or off-the-shelf.